sleepless long nights

I'm curled up on my bedroom floor. My hair is wet, I got out of the shower a little while ago. I love Saturday nights. Usually on Saturday nights I waste the time drinking cocoa, watching old TV shows with my mom and debating between which dress to wear to church the next day. (By the way, tomorrow I'm wearing my black dress with white polka dots, in case you were wondering. I was going to wear the purple one but it has a spot on it, phooey.)

The Conrad Mansion called me today. I'm going in for an interview on Thursday! I'm so so nervous, I have no idea what to wear and I will rehearse what I say all week long. :) But this is a good sign, since they never did get my application--I just walked in and handed them my resume (on which I listed "winning smile" as one of my qualifications, at my dad's suggestion) and said, "Hi, I'm Nicole. I want to work here."

I danced for almost an hour today :) I love my workout dvds. They make it so much easier, I don't have to actually learn anything. I can just jump around and look like an idiot and no one cares (thankfully, our TV room door has a lock, muahahahahahahahahahaha *cackle*).

I played piano soo much. My piano is my constant friend, and I never feel quite as home as when I am tickling the ivories. Guess where I got that phrase? Off an Agatha Christie 3-D murder computer game! One of the Poirot ones. Jason gave it to me for Christmas. It's called Evil Under the Sun. I think I solved it but I can't remember who commited the crime or what the crime even was, in fact I think the culprit was different depending on the way you played. I just don't know. Anyway.... I constantly play songs I've memorized and songs for fun, songs I can sing and songs I can't. Nothing soothes troubled and wearied spirits like running your fingers over glossy white keys. Someday, I'm going to have a grand piano of my very own and I don't care if it's the only piece of furniture I ever own! Although second on my list is a big, huge harp.

My mom might take me shopping later this week... to TJMaxx and Target, and possibly Maurices (we have to look there to see if the shirt that I want is on clearance. Size small if you happen to see it--it's a black V-neck. I'll pay you back). There's a dress I need to look for there too. I don't remember if it's cute or not so I need to look again.I honestly don't think I've ever bought anything at TJMaxx before....? Maybe I got my silver sparkly purse there. *shrug* who knows.

Who knows what could happen?
Do what you do, just keep on laughin'
One thing's sure, there's always a brand new day
So you go, and make it happen
Do your best, just keep on laughin'
I'm telling you there's always a brand new day
I'm gonna live today like it's my last day.
--Avril Lavigne, "Who Knows"

Comments

Popular Posts