cozy and cold

As we drove my dog to the vet on Friday, I stroked her fur and thought, "God made us to be attached and feel love, and love and be loved in return." But it sure as heck hurt me. I will never own another dog. I hate making the decision to put an animal down. I wish she had gotten hit by a car. Or died in her sleep. Or eaten something poisonous. Or anything. But to know your animal is in pain and you can't do anything about it... that hurts, like none other. This is the last picture I took of my dog before she died. As you can see, she likes to smile for the camera. Er... liked.

My mom gave me a ring this morning. It says Fear Not. A good reminder to not be afraid... of all the things I'm afraid of. Everytime I look at it, I remember the song that goes "fear not, I am with thee, oh be not dismayed for I am thy God and will still give thee aid. I'll strengthen thee, help thee and cause thee to stand, upheld by My righteous, omnipotent hand." I have no idea what the name of that song is (well, I'm sure I do, I just can't remember it. We sang it in BSF I think, sixth grade.

Last night Jessica and Camryn spent the night--and I had just bought some new nail polish at Target so we watched Saving Sarah Cain and I painted everybody's nails (even my mom's! I wanted her to do royal blue.. or black... but she said that was too gothic. phooey). Jessica won with the most colorful... she had black, red, and teal on her fingernails; black, orange and blue and one foot and orange and pink on the other. Camryn just had blue and black on her fingernails. Mom had pink on her fingernails AND toenails, and I had blue on my fingernails and pink and black on my toenails. the blue is really pretty--a ROYAL blue. Royal to match my nose. (long story.)

Night at the Museum 2 is a really cute movie. I got M&M's... and I ate them all... because I had had a really sad previous day (what with my dog and all) and I needed the chocolate. I went with Brooke. It was really fun because I never get to see her anymore, except at the airport when I go there... and we both went to Target. She got nail polish too: black and grey.

I hope to take a walk with my mom later today. Then we are going to little Eddie G's first birthday party! She is so cute. (but she doesn't like me very much.) The G is for Grace: Edna Grace. But Eddie G is more fun to say :D

Imagination is more important than knowledge. --Albert Einstein

Comments

Jedly said…
That was really inspiring (to me anyways). Thank you for letting me read this. God has a purpose for this. If you need me to do anything just ask.
Aaron said…
What if God doesn't care?
Unknown said…
Aaron, shut up.
Jedly said…
that's not very nice :/
sorry Nicole
Aaron said…
Jonathan is one of my best freinds... I'm sure he doesn't mean it. But you were talking to me, right? About my comment? Nicole already knows about it.
Jedly said…
A little of both...
Unknown said…
I apologize for my strongly worded comment which Nicole was forced to read.
Aaron said…
I'm sorry if I offended Nicole.

Popular Posts