life just ain't the same when I'm with You

it's beautiful outside today! I woke up at 7:45 and heard my mom talking to my dad downstairs. I remember wondering if I should get up and talk to her about what I was going to do at the college today... but I fell back asleep. Then I woke up again at about 8:30 with a text from my mom asking if I was awake. I was about to reply when she called! This fact kinda cracked me up. I ended up leaving the house at 9:30 to make my 10:00 appointment. This is the extent of what I got done in town today.
1. Anna (my advisor) told me to take math and English. um, thank you?
2. I found out I'm taking a placement test tomorrow at 2:30.
3. I found out New Student Orientation is on Thursday.
4. I filled out the exact same application that I filled out ten days ago, except this one said "$15.00 due at the time of registration" at the top in large black letters.
5. I paid the $15.00.
6. I went to Smith's gas station and paid $35.00.
7. I came home and had a quesadilla and watched Prince Caspian.
(Technically number 7 doesn't count because the list was of things I got accomplished in town today... haha oh well!)

This week was a huge blessing to me in many ways... for those of you who don't know, I was a counselor at Big Sky Bible Camp this week. The week was all girls, 3rd to 6th grade, and it was the very last week of camp. all girls camps are so much fun... I went out to camp on Sunday night and spent the night, swing danced in the dining hall, watched Kiera dance EVERY dance (teeheehee!), learned what star-tipping is (another teeheehee would be appropriate here) and finally slept through breakfast. Cindy came to Big Hawk (my cabin) ten minutes before staff meeting to wake me up and said, "Am I going to have to take care of you ALL WEEK?" "No," I responded, embarrassed. (for the record, she didn't have to. I was on time for everything the rest of the week.)
Here is a photo of me and my eight campers being surprisingly not crazy. Back row, left to right, is Bailey, me, Rachel, Dorothy, and Abby. Front row is Hannah, Abby, Grace and Ashley. Yeah, I had two Abbys. It made it difficult for me to yell at them. "ABBY! YOUR STUFF IS EVERYWHERE!!" *sad look from the wrong Abby* "No it's not... I cleaned up everything, and your stuff too!" "Oh. I meant, um, not you. I meant the other Abby." Just kidding! I totally didn't yell at these beauties EVER. I did have to get a little firm a couple times, but never yelled. They were so thoughtful and compassionate, I was very proud of them. Now, this picture will give you a little better insight to what my week was like...
Here is some of what I wrote in my journal on Sunday, the day after I got home from camp.
     "Lord, I come to You
Let my heart be changed, renewed....
Rachel and Dori
I feel like my heart has been softer since camp. It stretched me in so many ways, beyond what I am used to. I learned to put others' needs ahead of my own, I learned to pray every night and to sleep without noise. I learned to answer difficult questions and to relate to girls who are six years younger than me and yet have the same fears I have. I learned to hide my emotions, and how to be firm yet loving. I learned I love kids on a deeper level than I ever knew. I learned that God knows what I have need of before I ask, and that He is the ultimate Protector. I learned to love God's Word even more and to search it for answers. I learned I really only get on facebook when I am at home and think there is nothing else to do. I learned to act like an adult and to treat kids like small adults, too." I know there were many more things I learned this week that didn't make it into my journal and thenceforth won't make it onto my blog, It was a great week - I had the most well-behaved group of girls, and that's not even an exaggeration. These two were mine (Rachel and Dori) and so were these two (Ashley and Hannah were cousins and best friends. They were SO CUTE when they got each other giggling!!
     In other news, I'm killing time right now waiting for it to cool off enough to go for a jog. I think I need to start working out every day again. Build up my endurance. (oh, sigh.) After my jog I'm going to shower and then at 11:00 we're going to go to the airport to pick up Jason! I haven't seen him in months, quite literally. When he left Kalispell, I didn't have my license, I was not a college student, I had not been a camp counselor, and I didn't have a checking account (haha, wait, what?). Before he left we were hanging out and I was like... "man.. I'm really gonna miss you... things will be different when you come back." and he replied "you'll probably be dating some guy. And you'll have a job." Well, no job so far, but piano lessons will start up again soon. And no prospective boyfriends. Not seeing anything in the near future either, I'm talking myself into being okay with it!! (No no, this is confession time.)
     There's a mammoth spider that lives on the side of the house. I kinda want to get a lighter and then pour gas on it... the spider, not the house. and then light it up. I love watching spiders suffer. On that note, I'm gonna go get skinny! Toodles! (annnnnd I watched Prince Caspian today, so I think this song is appropriate. Mostly because it's stuck in my head.)

It started out as a feeling, which then grew into a hope
Which then turned into a quiet thought,
Which then turned into a quiet word.
And then that word grew louder and louder
'Til it was a battle cry
I'll come back when you call me, no need to say goodbye.

Comments

Martha A. said…
Wow, you're a college student!! What are you going for?
I don't like spiders, but I stick to cleaners....they make them shrivel up and die without the explosion risk....and you are already skinny....you look just fine the way you are. Hope you have fun with your brother.

Popular Posts