that's when I'll knock knock on your front door.

Today was brilliant. 

After church my mom and I stopped for lattes at Daily Brew, our latest Sunday afternoon tradition (well.. I got a latte... she had chai.) and instead of my usual white chocolate macademia nut, I tried chocolate chip cookie dough... which was good. But I have yet to find something good enough to replace my favorite. Although white chocolate caramel is really good too. So is white chocolate peppermint. Okay, pretty much anything with white chocolate is good. That's beside the point. Anyway, taste doesn't matter too much because when I get two shots of espresso in my body, good things happen.

Nathanael texted me at like 1:13 and said everyone was meeting at Subway in Wal-Mart at 2. I was with my mom (in case you didn't catch that in the previous paragraph) and we were almost home, so we just figured we'd go home, I could get the stuff I needed and take the junker to town so I wouldn't be at anyone's mercy. I grabbed my iPod and my latte and my big, fluffy winter coat that reminds me of a burnt marshmallow, and left for town. Millie was the only one there when I got there and gradually more and more of our group showed up... I got my usual sandwich. I almost got brave and tried the onion chicken teriyaki whatever... but something about that sandwich just seems unsafe to me.

After we all hung out for awhile, John left 'cause he's lame or something(shrug), and we all walked over to Sportsman where we just wandered and commented on everything we saw (and Moriah and I tried to trail Nathanael as if we were the ghosts in Super Mario Bros... and it was hard. I hate the ghosts. That is like the main reason I will not play.) and tried on hats. Randy, who is brutally honest, told us whether the hats looked good or not... I tried on a bright purple beanie and he told me, "that hat says, 'I'm a diva. Get out of my way.' " And since Randy is so honest, I knew when I tried on a hat and he shouted "YES!", that it was the one. I knew before I even put it on, though. If you know me well, or even at all, you probably know I don't do hats... they don't like my face, they don't like my head or my hair or anything about me. So my life's quest has been to find a hat I want to wear. Usually I dread hat weather. Well, this hat was definitely the one. I bought it and have been happy ever since. (a picture will probably come someday... :)An executive decision was made after that to go to this random basketball at Kalispell Middle School. I did not contribute much to the decision... The ride was way squished because I'm spoiled and didn't want to drive there, so we all went in Nathanael's truck and I had to squeeze on Millie's lap. Nathanael's truck is not big, people. My head was kinda sideways and like on the ceiling.

I ended up knowing (at least vaguely) several people that were playing. It seemed to be a city league or something. And the beautiful Ashleigh and I texted each other from two seats away, so that was entertaining! When the game was over, Nathanael suggested Twisted Bliss. We always seem to end up there. They had a lot of fruit flavors so I loaded up on those--I had lemon, pomegranate raspberry, strawberry, and mango. The lemon and strawberry were definitely the best. I tend to like the yogurts better than the sorbets. I realized after I had paid for my yogurt that they had coconut, AND that I had a gift card from Nik. :( and then I was a sad panda. We hung out at Twisted Bliss for about 45ish minutes and then the Proberts left for church and Millie and I hugged Randall goodbye a couple of times. Millie walked with me over to Wal-Mart and I bought some foundation and then we parted ways.

I listened to Owl City on the way home.

To quote the last words of Cloverfield, only not so depressingly... "I had a great day." 

Comments

Martha A. said…
That frozen yogurt looks so good!!! I have never gone to Twisted bliss yet....
What is your normal kind of sandwich? I agree, Chicken onion teriyaki just seems wrong.
Sounds like a very fun day! Are you back to school tomorrow?
Nicole said…
my normal sandwich is spicy Italian. :) with honey mustard sauce!

and I don't go back to school until next Tuesday.

Popular Posts