money can't buy you back the love that you had then

I just came in from mowing the lawn. I changed my shirt, and now I'm sitting criss-cross applesauce on my bed, listening to old TobyMac albums. I'm so tired. Last night I made the mistake of drinking a Dr. Pepper... I woke up twice :( And Farmer's Market this morning was SOOOO cold, at least for the first couple of hours. I almost went into Claire's and bought a pair of tights to go under my skirt.

I start school on Monday! (well, everything except Algebra 2 and Geography.) I'm pretty excited. There's a kind of thrill about new school books... I was at Michael and Kelley's the other day and my mom was helping Kelley plan school for the girls, and I was admiring their brand-new, shiny math books. I told Kelley that I love new school books, and she said, "I know, wanna touch them?" I don't have a ton of new ones--I got new American Government Lifepacs, and new Astronomy Lifepacs... but for Physics, I'm doing an old, old book. Nice pictures :P hahaha.

I ordered a laptop on Thursday! Jason helped me pick out a good one, and it even has a webcam... I've been trying to get my mom to get one of those forEVER. It should come on Wednesday. I'm sooooooooo excited... I wanna put iTunes on it, and my Print Music program :)

My heart broke a little bit today. When we stopped at Michael and Kelley's today to drop off the potatoes and beans that we didn't sell at Market, I could hear some yelling and screaming in the house across the street... and a kid crying... Then I heard the dad yell, "Upstairs. NOW." and then a sickening sound... and the kid sobbed, "daddy, that hurt." I couldn't even stand it.

Do you know where you're going to?
Do you like the things that life is showing you?
Do you know... where you're going to?
--"Do You Know", TobyMac

Comments

Popular Posts