...and went right back to bed :)


I'm adding a bunch of songs to my playlist... everytime I watch Nancy Drew I remember how much I like "Pretty Much Amazing" by Joanna. I wish I'd written it. There's a lot of songs out there I wish I'd written... as Laurie says to Amy in Little Women, "my compositions are like your paintings: mediocre copies of another man's work." I forgot all the good songs I had on my playlist. My tastes are so diverse; I like it that way.

The weather is nuts today! I just walked to the Hemingways with my mom and we almost blew away. And it rained in my eye, it kind of hurt. Ooh, that raindrops song is another one I should add. I'm doing A Fine Frenzy right now--songs like Almost Lover, Come On Come Out, Rangers and You Picked Me (my FAVORITE). "All I can say is you blow me away..."

I suddenly have the urge to upload a picture... because I haven't done that in a long time... but I'm kind of a loss for recent ones and it'd be pointless anyway. I guess I just feel like my blog posts look so naked without one every once in awhile. But then again, I don't want to be one of those people that feels the need to put a picture with EVERYTHING. The words are what matter anyway. Okay, well, I found this one--who can't help but smile when they're looking at A LLAMA!?!?! :D

I started off the day with writing a prayer in my journal and reading Leviticus chapters 1-2... (well, actually I washed my hair first) it was boring, but I asked the Lord beforehand to speak to me through it since everyone knows it's hard to get stuff out of Leviticus. Here's what I wrote in my journal: "sacrifices and offerings should be of my own free will. Not out of guilt or because someone else thinks I should, but because I love my LORD and I want to show Him so." I actually just listened to an episode of Adventures in Odyssey (from the Platinum collection :D ) it was called The Meaning of Sacrifice. Very good episode, I liked it. I'd never heard it before.

I got spoiled today, I got to play for about an hour or maybe a little more on the grand piano at Central Bible Church, where my senior recital is going to be on June 13 by the way so you better be there!! Anyway, playing that piano was like getting a massage. Speaking of which, I supposedly have a free 30 minute massage at Souci and Souci. Are you jealous? Because I also got a 16 oz. white chocolate raspberry latte with two shots of espresso. Now you really ARE jealous, I can sense that the way dogs can smell fear and then bite you on the arm. Hudson, Millie's dog, grabbed me once. It didn't hurt but sure as heck scared me!

Hannah and I watched part of The Prince of Egypt last night. I forgot how awesome that movie is. We decided we could watch it every day for the rest of our lives and not get tired of it. That and the Emperor's New Groove... Which I have officially decided I need to buy. on DVD, and then I can watch it on my laptop. Oops, did I say that? I don't watch movies when I'm supposed to be doing school, Mom! I wonder if I can think of any other movies I could watch over and over?
While You Were Sleeping
My Big Fat Greek Wedding
The Phantom of the Opera
Singin' in the Rain (or pretty much any Rodgers and Hammerstein musical, come to think of it)
White Christmas (I have almost never liked a movie as much.)
Mr. Magorium's Wonder Emporium
Picture Perfect!!!! (I love the 90's)

Okay, is it just me, or does the sound of laptop keys just magnetize you? When my fingers move across the keyboard and I hear it... or even just feel it... it makes me happy. Maybe I'm just heavily caffeinated right now. haha, I should go do something real like algebra... or maybe American Government. Doesn't really matter.

Next on my list of ambitions: Give my hair to Locks of Love.
Oh dear, I just got it cut... this could take awhile.

Comments

Popular Posts