he ate a slice of wonder bread

Not quite sure what to do with my day. I spent the earlier part of it lounging around in my bed and complaining. Even now, as I'm laying here on top of everything (though it's made now) I feel like I could sleep more. And it feels like it should be 1:00, not almost 4:00.

my mom and I walked over to the Hemingways to take care of all the plants and animals while they are in Maine. we go there twice a day, once in the morning, once at night, and in the morning I feed the fish and count them--check to see if anybody went belly up. And of course, I go out to the garage and feed the rabbits, all 9 of them (though daddy rabbit is in a different cage). and I hold my favorites. There are 7 babies, four greyish brown ones and three black ones. I like the small ones the best. Nobody is dead yet. :-) The walk exhausted me though. I laughed to myself as I saw all the little public-schooled eighth graders getting picked up from Deer Park. What a drag that would be!

My performance Saturday night went very well, if not even almost perfect. Even the ensemble was (I thought) the best we'd ever done it. One of our altos was unable to attend, and I overheard the other two getting nervous. But I thought everyone sang their part quite nicely. After the ensemble, I had the time of three songs to change into a fancy dress, put on jewelry and shoes and mentally prepare myself. As it happens, with my mom helping me, we accomplished this in about a song and a half. Then I waited backstage while she went back to her seat so she could watch me :) in the other song and a half, I danced around, prayed profusely, and probably overdosed on Clear Voice. If it was original flavor I'm sure I wouldn't have, but the peach is just so darn delicious. I took an occasional sip of water too. I was nowhere near feeling ready. I think my stomach probably almost exploded from nerves and excitement. When they finally finished the last song and I was ready to go on, they announced me... and I opened the door and walked out and heard a collective gasp. Then I knew, I was the belle :) When my solo started, my knees were shaking terribly, but after a few seconds (or so) I began to relax and enjoy myself. I tried uploading it but gave up. Sorry. :S


Now, after that was done, I was so overcome with even MORE excitement that I couldn't help dancing around backstage. I was swing dancing and ballroom dancing with an imaginary partner. I felt as if it couldn't have gone better. And, it probably couldn't have. But I had to wait THREE WHOLE SONGS before I could go on again for the last song! I was so happy I thought my heart would burst. What a good way to end a school year, and my last school year nonetheless. I think I will definitely keep taking voice lessons next semester, and maybe find some more places where I can perform. Almost nothing makes me happier.

As of yesterday, I now have unlimited texting. I was planning on getting unlimited in the fall anyway--I guess my mom talked to a customer service somebody at Verizon and they told her that all five of us could have unlimited texting for an additional ten dollars a month. It doesn't make a whole lot of sense to me because if I on my own had decided I wanted unlimited texting, it would have cost me $15 total... not to mention the $10 to have the phone, but I don't pay that. *shrug* oh well.

My piano recital is on Sunday! Not my senior recital, just the piano recital that my teacher has her students play for, and now mine play too. I always get a little more nervous when I have students performing, because I remember what it was like to be a beginner and to be scared out of your wits. I always feel a little bit of their terror. But they do a great job, it makes me happy.

I suppose it's time for me to quit rambling and to go get something done or at least pretend to be productive. It's been a long time since I've blogged--I always figure my news isn't worth writing down. But it's a little bit of fun, anyway :)

"You can't help respecting anybody who can spell TUESDAY, even if he doesn't spell it right; but spelling isn't everything. There are days when spelling Tuesday simply doesn't count." --Winnie the Pooh

Comments

Popular Posts