we make too much sense to foolishly pass it by

Dear blogworld,
I have been very stressed lately about piano lessons, the play, and *ugh* finals. This morning during church I was paging through my little pink NLT Bible and just jotting down every verse I found that seemed relevant to me at the moment. I ended up filling about 5 pages in my little journal, and I'd like to share the verses I found in case you are feeling overwhelmed and stressed out, too. =]

Those who live in the shelter of the Most High will find rest in the shadow of the Almighty. This I declare about the LORD: He alone is my refugre, my place of safety; He is my God, and I trust Him. -Psalm 91:1-2

Give all your worries and cares to God, for He cares about you. -I Peter 5:7

Above all, clothe yourselves with love, which binds us all together in perfect harmony. And let the peace that comes from God rule in your hearts. For as members of one body you are called to live in peace. - Colossians 3:14-15

The LORD Himself will fight for you. Just stay calm. - Exodus 14:14

The eternal God is your refuge, and His everlasting arms are under you. He drives out the enemy before you, He cries out, "Destroy them!" - Deuteronomy 33:27

What good is it, dear brothers and sisters, if you say you have faith but don't show it by your actions? Can that kind of faith save anyone? - James 2:14

So be truly glad. There is wonderful joy ahead, even though you have to endure many trials for a little while. These trials will show that your faith is genuine. It is being tested as fire tests and purifies gold - though your faith is far more precious than mere gold. So when your faith remains strong through many trials, it will bring you much praise and glory and honor on the day when Jesus Christ is revealed to the whole world. - I Peter 1:6-7

She is clothed with strength and dignity, and she laughs without fear of the future. - Proverbs 31: 25

Finishing is better than starting. Patience is better than pride. - Ecclesiastes 7:8

Do not be afraid, for I have ransomed you. I have called you by name; you are mine. When you go through deep waters, I will be with you. When you go through rivers of difficulty, you will not drown. - Isaiah 43:2

But forget all that - it is nothing compared to what I am going to do. For I am about to do something new. See, I have already begun! Do you not see it? I will make a pathway through the wilderness. - Isaiah 43:18-19

No, O people, the LORD has told you what is good, and this is what He requires of you: to do what is right, to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God. - Micah 6:8

If any of you wants to be My follower, you must turn from your selfish ways, take up your cross, and follow Me. If you try to hang on to your life, you will lose it. But if you give up your life for My sake, you will save it. And what do you benefit if you gain the whole world but lose your own soul? - Matthew 16: 23-26

...Have mercy on us and help us, if you can. "What do you mean, 'if I can'?" Jesus asked. "Anything is possible if a person believes." The father instantly cried out, "I do believe, but help me overcome my unbelief!" - Matthew 9:22b-24

We can rejoice, too, when we run into problems and trials, for we know that they help us develop endurance. - Romans 5:3

For everything comes from Him and exists by His power and is intended for His glory. All glory to Him forever! Amen. - Romans 11:36

and my favorite... But whatever I am now, it is all because God poured out His special favor on me. :) - 1 Corinthians 15:10a (smiley face added)

I have entered into a whole new realm of faith, I think. I like it.

Comments

Ruth said…
Thanks for posting this, Nicole =) It was encouraging to me. =)
Hannah said…
Thank you so much! Those are wonderful verses, and lately I've been needing some encouragement too. :-)

Popular Posts