A Whole Lotta Nothin'

Vacation is lovely, isn't it? I tell you, I've watched enough Lost to suit me for...well... all of my vacation. It's great. (By the way, I can't say in good conscience that I enjoy that show. It scares me. But I somehow keep coming back...?)

Anyway, this morning I posted a facebook status that I had a whole day of nothing planned... and I should just say that isn't true. I documented my day on camera to prove it. Not video though. Ew. :)

The first thing on my to-do list was to vacuum my floor... this was no easy task, however, as I had to actually move a lot of junk that was ON the floor so I could vacuum. And may I just say right now that central vac and I don't get along so well. This may be why I never vacuum. :P Anyway. I got it done eventually.

Second, I cleaned 3/4 of the bathrooms in my house. And I didn't feel the least bit guilty for not cleaning the fourth bathroom. My plan after that was to work out, but by the time I finished the bathrooms I was so tired and chemicalized that I just wanted a shower. ("Isn't that what they call irony?" "No, irony is you asking what it means everytime you say it.") So. I took a long, lovely shower. And then I laid on my bed for awhile and watched TV in my clean room. It was nice. :)

After my mom got home from work I helped her put away groceries and get ready for dinner. I can't remember what we ate. Oh yes, it was scrambled eggs and hashbrowns and pumpkin bread from the Voigtlanders. Some of us had toast, but not I. Too bad. I love toast. :(

Anywhom, after dinner, I began to build a splendid cheesecake, and this is where the pictures really get good! The cheesecake is called Heavenly Cheesecake and the recipe is available here. I know Megan will probably want to try it? ;)

Well. I started out by being awesome at guessing and crushing up some Oreo cookies. The recipe calls for a cup and a half of crushed chocolate cookies and the Oreos were fine but because they are so moist due to the cream filling, they were hard to crush. It took an exact row of Oreos to get a cup and a half, but in the future I would use more because it ended up not being enough to coat the sides of the pan. I just coated the bottom. Anywhom. These are my crushed Oreos, which look surprisingly like the countertop, hmm? :)

Next I put them in the pan. I took a photo, but it's surprisingly similar to the one I just posted, so I'll leave that out for now. Oh yeah and I forgot to mention the butter. heavenly stuff. :) So, after I got the yummy crust into the pan, I refrigerated it whilst I went about other things. Such as the milk and gelatin. Now bear with me. I have never made a cheesecake before. For my first attempt, I think I did alright.

The next step was to put the milk in the pan and sprinkle the gelatin on top and let it sit for exactly one minute. I was hyper from tea and talking to my mom so I am not sure how accurate I was on my "one minute" guesstimations. Anyway, the milk turned wrinkly so that was fun. Then I went over and cooked it on low heat for a LONG time and while that was cooking, I cut up 4 of the 5 milky way bars!!! :) that was actually probably the most fun.

yum?
So THEN after I cooked the milk and gelatin for awhile, I got to put the milky way chunks in the milk and cook it 'til it melted. and THIS took a long time. It's a good thing I was listening to Owl City or I would have been really bored. :)

After this was the fun part! I beat the delicious milk mixture (and I did taste it, by the way. it tasted like expensive, gourmet hot chocolate) with a lot of cream cheese and THEN I ADDED WHIPPING CREAM and ahhhhhhhhh it became heavenly!!! SO HERE is the finished product. *trumpet*


So... the end. that was my nothing.

Comments

Megan said…
Wow that cheesecake looks good. Your right in saying I would want to try it.
Oh, and I really like Lost too.
wow that girl looks good ;)

Popular Posts