Coffee by Numbers

I'm wearing 5 pretty hats today
I got 4 places to be, and 3 critical endeavors to save.
2 hands are not enough to balance all this stupid stuff
And 1 head can hardly run on 0 hours of sleep... you know that it's not fun.

But 6th Avenue is calling me away, it's 7 blocks from here
to 8 or 9 perfect cafes.
I guess I've drawn some kind of line
Gonna drop some balls, gonna make some time
My steps are steering that way now
It's not like I'm useful lately anyhow.

I'm gonna waste time and play
I'm gonna find the right cafe.
Gonna lay down my dismay and sit in just one chair all day:)
And wonder wonder wonder what it would take to stop
the world...
a spell
I feel dizzy and a bit unwell.

Just sit, just stare
There's no one in mortal peril if I
Stop the world awhile.
1 raw sugar please, I love your smile Babe
Just chill, just breathe
I'll take this one in a real cup please.

Gonna breathe deep 'til I'm dizzy
Stranger, you look pretty busy

Hey Love, you look like a zombie on parade
You got a cell phone sword and a briefcase barricade.
You can't taste your coffee when you drink so fast
Is that your 10th or 11th cup?
Stranger, look at me.
I never said hello and that's killing me.

I've seen you here 12 times
But I've been wrapped up in my rhymes
We've got places to be, people to see and doubtless ladders to climb
But wouldn't you wouldn't you love to stop
The world... with me?
Take ten minutes being just to be
We'll talk. Or not. You don't really need that extra shot
Just sit down, drink up, Darlin' you look simply thunderstruck
I'm new myself to this startled state of mental health
And I'm mad, I'm sore
So let's hold the phone, Babe, let's hit ignore
Might read or write or I might not do one worthwhile thing tonight....

there's much more, but honestly I got tired of typing. My brother sent me Marian Call's new CD: Something Fierce. It's amazing. You should buy it. :D 

Comments

Popular Posts