Just a Bunch of "Someday" Thoughts.

Last night at BSF I got to volunteer in Level 2 of the children's program, with the third and fourth graders. (Incidentally, the same class my niece Jessica is in!) It was so much fun, and got me thinking about the long-ways-away future when I have children, and what I'd like to do with them and for them. Here's a few of my thoughts. Some could change, some may not happen... but for right now.

BSF... I love love love. I started going in the 6th grade and I'm still friends with most of the people I met in my class. I remember having so much fun learning the memory verse each week, and sitting in quiet reverence for the entire 20 or so minutes of the Bible lesson. And then last night, hearing their special answers to the questions... I wrote down a few.

Teacher: "What work has God given you to do in your home, school, church, or neighborhood?"
most of the children listed chores and homework, but my niece shared this unique answer: "to walk in His footsteps." Good grief, I love her.

Teacher: "What do you consider particularly interesting or challenging in this lesson that you have discovered for yourself through answering these questions?"
Niece: "He made man out of dust." (WHOA!)
Another girl: "The tree of life is Jesus." (WHOA AGAIN!)

I really want to homeschool my children if I have them. This is definitely a view I have that could change, but just think of all the cool learning we could do together. We could read and play outside and do math and learn about Jesus and snuggle ALL. DAY. LONG. Sounds great to me.

I think if they express to me a desire to learn music, they will not learn from me... it just seems like that's how it should be. Once my parents decided I could have piano lessons, I was so excited for the 30 minutes I got to spend at Jewel's house, and the coloring of the point thermometer, and the stickers and the monster cookies and yay!! I played for hours when I was a youngster.

WE WILL HAVE A DOG!

WE WILL PLAY OUTSIDE!

maybe more to come... can't believe I'm thinking about this. *sigh* I'm so old.
Actually last night one of my clients told me that I'm an old soul.. which is weird because I think I'm turning 15 again this year.



Comments

Popular Posts