2019 Book List and a Bucket List Redo

When I sat down to make a blog post today, I was planning on just listing out the books I read in 2019 (don't worry, that's still coming).

Then I looked at my blog.

Then I looked at my pages.

It screamed,  "19-year-old Nicole!!!".

So, now I have spent the last hour revamping my bucket list and my about me which have both completely changed in the last too many years. I'm also drinking a huge cup of hazelnut coffee and cursing my laptop whenever the E doesn't press. Come on. It's the most common letter of the English alphabet. Why not X? I almost never use X.

BUT back to the book list.

2019 was the first year that I logged every book I read. My goal was 52 (one book per week) but my real goal was 64 because I wanted to read one personal growth book each month. My final count was 48, so in 2020 I intend to read more than that!

Here's the list (in the order I read them)

1. Since We Fell - Dennis Lahane
2. A Clockwork Orange - Anthony Burgess
3. Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone
4. Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets
5. Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban
6. Think and Grow Rich - Napoleon Hill (I will probably reread this one in 2020)
7. Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire
8. Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix
9. Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince
10. Daring Greatly - Brene Brown (DEFINITELY rereading this one)
11. Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows
12. Behind Closed Doors - B.A. Paris
13. Big Little Lies - Liane Moriarty
14. Leaving Time - Jodi Picoult
15. Ghosted - Rosie Walsh
16. The Last Time I Lied - Riley Sager
17. All the Light We Cannot See - Anthony Doerr
18. Plain Truth - Jodi Picoult
19. The Total Money Makeover - Dave Ramsey
20. When Katie Met Cassidy - Camille Perry
21. The Perfect Mother - Aimee Malloy
22. The 100-Year-Old Man Who Climbed Out the Window and Disappeared - Jonas Johansson (I literally hated this book so much that it took me almost a month to read and when I finished it I took it to the Little Free Library down the street. UGH.)
23. Spinning Silver - Naomi Novik
24. The Kiss Quotient - Helen Hoang
25. Our Kind of Cruelty - Araminta Hall
26. The Witch Elm - Tana French
27. Stay Sexy and Don't Get Murdered - Karen Kilgariff and Georgia Hardstark (would recommend this one to any and everyone!)
28. Not That I Could Tell - Jessica Strawser
29. Ready Player One - Ernest Cline
30. The Devil Wears Prada - Lauren Weisberger
31. Wonder - R.J. Palacio
32. Sharp Objects - Gillian Flynn
33. The Art of Racing in the Rain - Garth Stein
34. The Phantom Tollbooth - Norton Juster
35. Black Irish - Stephen Talty
36. The Woman in the Window - A.J. Finn
37. The Couple Next Door - Shari Lapena
38. A Wrinkle in Time - Madeleine L'Engle
39. Then She Was Gone - Lisa Jewell
40. The Magicians - Lev Grossman
41. You Are a Badass - Jen Sincero (this was my second time reading this book and it will not be the last!)
42. The Magician King - Lev Grossman
43. The Magician's Land - Lev Grossman
44. The Husband's Secret - Liane Moriarty
45. Where the Crawdads Sing - Delia Owens (HANDS DOWN the best book I read this year!)
46. Bunheads - Sophie Flack (another one I took to LFL. Just nothing that made me want to read it again.)
47. The Kept Woman - Kari Slaughter (dragged on. bought it at the thrift store and took it to LFL)
48. The Woman in Cabin 10 - Ruth Ware (DEVOURED. wanted more)

Any guesses what I'm reading to kick off 2020? What else should I read this year?!

Time for more coffee!

Comments

Popular Posts