Spring Break: Days Dos & Tres

I didn't blog about spring break yesterday or on Saturday, because I was too busy obsessing over shoes, but I have *sort of* been keeping up with my project goals. On Saturday I cleaned out my dresser: this is the bottom drawer of my dresser. I don't even wear *any* of those jeans. My ambition is to make a quilt out of all of them, but I think I've been saying I would do that for about three years... one of these years, I will really get around to it. The jeans I do wear are all in the closet. (long sigh) I think the closet is actually my tomorrow project.


This basket full of clothes it what I pulled out of my dresser that I never wear. I'm giving some of the cute stuff  to my nieces (by "the cute stuff" I mean the stuff they will like and wear) and the rest to Salvation Army. I sometimes get like loser's remorse or something and second guess everything I give away. I know I haven't worn that tank top in eight months, but what if I need it?! or how about this: hmmm, I forgot I had this shirt. I'd better keep it. You can never have too many pajama T-shirts! Well I think I did okay this time. I kept a few tees around, just in case, and gave the rest away. *looks down at torso* oh, I'm wearing one. ^_^


And here is the bookcase after a couple of hours of cleaning it out yesterday, and believe me -- my room was clean before I started. That second shelf from the bottom, which is now holding DVD's, was pretty much stuffed randomly with notebooks and papers and I don't even know what else. I sent three stacks of books downstairs that had to do with school. I'm telling you, it's so nice to be de-cluttering my life, as non-fun as it is. But at least I'm not trying to do it all at once. 


Today's project is the corner by the window. There's a big basket of yarn and there is basically a bunch of random junk that I don't have a place for. So tell me, is it wrong to throw away all my graduation cards? What about the ones that have literally almost no writing in them? I am not sure if I want to be sentimental on this, or if I just want to be like "the heck with it!" and toss them all. *sigh* decisions. 

I hope everyone has a great Monday!

Comments

Wow....ur in spring break already?!? ...hmmm...y aren't we??....yea, my closet holds like a ton of the clothes I wear too....

Popular Posts